Luau Party {Tropical Invitation}

My daughter’s 4th birthday is coming up, and we’re having a luau themed party. I used the Fresh Cut Notes to make the tropical flower by layering it with Island Oasis DSP and cutting it out. Then, I added a Chocolate Chip 1/4″ Epoxy Brad to the center.

The card base is Early Espresso, with a strip of Apricot Appeal that was embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and Melon Mambo Grosgrain Ribbon (polka dots on the back). The grass skirt is made from Kiwi Kiss textured card stock, cut with paper snips.

To finish it off, I stamped the “you’re invited” in Versamark and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.

Dasher Christmas Cards

IMG_1029 copy

This Dasher reindeer is my new favorite image. I ordered the Decor Element as part of my hostess benefits and I plan on putting it in a frame as shown in the catalog. As soon as I do that, I’ll be sure to post pictures! For now, these cards will have to do.

IMG_1024 copy

The above card uses chocolate chip card stock for the base, layered with Chocolate Chip DSP in a striped pattern. I stamped Dasher in Real Red in on whisper white and punched it out using a large circle punch. Behind that, I layered real red card stock punched with the giga scallop punch.

I traced the reindeer’s antlers with my fine tip glue pen and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. Then, I stamped “make merry” from Berry Christmas in real red ink on whisper white. I punched it out using the Word Window Punch, layered with chocolate chip Modern Label Punch.

Lastly, I tied some Real Red polka dot grosgrain around the front, with the knot over on the left side.

IMG_1027 copy

The second card uses the same base card stock and DSP. This time, I stamped Dasher in Versamark and heat embossed it using Gold Embossing Powder. Then, using Nestabilities, I cut/embossed the white circle around the stamped image. That was layered on kiwi kiss card stock cut with a larger Nestabilities circle die and the edges sponged with Kiwi Kiss ink.

At the top of the card, I tied some Old Olive 1 1/4″ Striped Ribbon in a knot and attached it to the base with a glue dot. I also put small glue dots behind each “tail” of the bow to keep it lying flat.

Bad Behavior has blocked 458 access attempts in the last 7 days.